Camcorder repairs

johndrew 19:25 28 Jun 2009

My Mitsubishi HS-CX4 camcorder has failed. I know it is no longer young but until it failed it was excellent.

The problem appears to be within the playback circuit in that as soon as I press the `Play` button it turns off. There are other anomalies - like sometimes it will not record the whole tape - but I think if I look harder there will be other faults.

Does anyone know of a reliable repair agency that may take the job on at a fair price?

Many thanks in anticipation.

oldbeefer2 09:01 29 Jun 2009

I looked into this problem a couple of years ago and gave up in the end - the quotes I had were almost the price of a new camcorder. As they are even cheaper now, your best bet may be buy a new one. If anyone knows better, I still have the U/S machine and wouldn't mind getting it repaired for a sensible price!

Pamy 11:07 29 Jun 2009

Have you tried any of these on Google? click here

johndrew 12:05 29 Jun 2009

Thanks for your responses people.

I have Googled for repairers, but was hoping someone may have a recommendation. After all, not all repair agencies are `good` or reliable.

Whilst I recognise the price I paid new (£699) may well be the price of a top end camcorder now and mine could be replaced more cheaply for the same standards, it does seem a shame not to try and `recycle` it.

However, given that I now find it no longer records either it looks as if I may end up replacing it.

johndrew 16:20 30 Jun 2009

Have had one estimate back; £80 + vat + carriage with a 3 month warranty.

Looks like a new camcorder - shame.

Pamy 20:55 30 Jun 2009

£100 does not seam bad to me

johndrew 12:16 01 Jul 2009

I agree to a point. But when considering it is over 14 years old and I will only get a 3 month warranty and add to this that a replacement to a similar/better spec is around £300 with a 1 or 2 year warranty it looks a little wasteful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?