Camcorder with a diopter

johndrew 10:27 24 Jul 2009

I have searched high and low for a reasonably priced camcorder with a viewfinder (they all seem to have screens) that has a diopter incorporated in it.

The high end (professional?) models costing at or over £1000 have them but I have not found a single unit at the £500 (or less) point that offers this facility.

These flip out screens are all very well if you have perfect sight, don`t use the camera in high light conditions and/or are prepared to wear glasses at all times. Unfortunately, wearing glasses means that if you look up from the screen everything is out of focus until you remove them. Damned old age!!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

BT 16:42 24 Jul 2009

That's the problem with 'progress'. All the older 8mm/Hi8 models had eyelevel viewfinders with focus adjustment. I still have my old Sharp 8mm camera and it still works fine.

I have to wear glasses and I can manage distance reasonably well without them but need them for closer/reading purposes. I wear Varifocals for this very reason having had Cataracts removed in both eyes. As the implants don't focus and are set for distance I find Varifocals solve the problem of bridging the distance/close up problem.

johndrew 11:09 25 Jul 2009

bump ^

johndrew 10:29 27 Jul 2009

Looks as if I`m out of luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone