Buying Speakers | Good Bass and Quality

boyo123boyo 17:44 01 Jul 2017

I'm looking to buy some speakers either 2.1 or 5.1 system, with a budget of around £100.

I'd like them to have good bass and decent quality when playing at both lower and higher volumes.

Anyone know of any speakers that they can recommend?

martd7 19:54 01 Jul 2017

Depends on what you need them for,cinema sound,pc,hi fi? Plenty here ....

click here

wee eddie 21:32 01 Jul 2017

You don't need to worry too much about ultra high quality as MP3 files are too heavily compressed to take advantage of them

Menzie 03:52 02 Jul 2017

I use Logitech Z506 speakers on my PC, the only downside is they are analogue connection-wise via the audio Jack's on my sound card rather than an optical connection but they are quite loud and have a good bass response.

They are great for gaming and movies and decent for music.

boyo123boyo 17:33 03 Jul 2017

I'd be using the speakers purely for music. I also would probably prefer a 2.0 or 2.1 system looking at it now. I'd like to just plug my phone in a get decent music out while at home.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

martd7 12:39 04 Jul 2017

If its any help I purchased the Wharfedale 9.1 speakers,hefty piece of kit,but very smooth sound and really good bass under £100

mole44 04:52 09 Jul 2017

As a retired sound engineer i think £100 for speakers with descent sound quality and good base is somewhat of an oxymoron,quality costs i'm afraid sorry.

Lorraine Baines-McFly 06:44 09 Jul 2017

As a retired sound engineer i think £100 for speakers with descent sound quality and good base is somewhat of an oxymoron,quality costs i'm afraid sorry.

I somewhat have to agree with that statement on just shelling out a load on a 11.1 Kef Dolby Atmos Speaker System.

Menzie 17:23 10 Jul 2017

Depends on the users preference; for instance lots of people love Beats products which focus on bass at the expense of everything else. To some people this sounds fine, to others they are awful.

For me my Logitech speakers fit the bill well. They aren't audiophile level speakers and neither is my ASUS Xonar DG sound card.

They are a bit heavy on the bass side (I turn down the sub to better balance with the other speakers) and they lack the highs of a decent Tweeter. However they do have a warm inviting sound when tuned and are decent for the price.

Creative have a set of more musically tuned speakers without a subwoofer, these are tuned more for musical fidelity but lack the bass that the OP is seeking.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?