BT On Air 2100 SMS cordless phones

Yogi B 333 14:56 18 Jul 2006

I have a pair of BT On Air 2100 SMS cordless phones set up at my in-laws house where there is an NTL phone line. They have been working flawlessly there for the past 6 months until very recently. Now they both lose their connection (i.e. the dial tone vanishes, the phone's display goes blank and it displays “busy” if you try to dial). If I disconnect the power supply, then switch it back on a few minutes later, the line (and the phone’s display) is re-established but only for about 20 or 30 minutes. Then it disconnects again.

The 'battery charged' symbol remains visible when the line drops out and the internal Directory and other internal phone menus are accessible but no line connection. There have been no other known changes to the line or phone set-up that might account for this. Doesn't appear to be anything to do with NTL.

Do you have any suggestions? Or if this cannot be answered here, are there any forums that might be useful? These are otherwise brilliant phones.

MANY THANKS.

GaT7 18:00 18 Jul 2006

If you purchased them from new, there's no reason why you cannot ask for free repair / replacements from the dealer/manufacturer - assuming they're still within their 12-month warranty period. G

Yogi B 333 09:12 20 Jul 2006

Thanks for that, but unfortunately they are 3 years old.

Confab 12:43 20 Jul 2006

Could be a fault with either one of the phones or the base station.

I would try turning one of the phones off, leaving one on, and see if the fault persists. Then do the same but the other way around.

By doing this you should be able to narrow the problem down to a single phone or a problem with the base.

Confab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone