Bridge computers

polo 12:12 08 Jan 2007

Fourteen years ago I bought my wife a little hand held bridge computer called PRO BRIDGE by Saitek. It cost £70 (I was really generous in those days!) She has had great use of it playing on it almost everyday to keep up her bridge as she does not now have opportunity for playing otherwise. It has suffered the fate that all bridge computers do in the end and so we need a new one. I've looked on the internet and all I can come up with is a more recent version of the one she's had. I would have expected the advances in technology to have come up with something better by now? It has a small screen with feint symbols on and with her failing eyesight I'd hoped for something better. Anyone have knowledge of a suitrable product? It has to be portable as she uses it in bed a lot!

FreeCell 18:19 10 Jan 2007

Is the one you have a Bridge Mate?

click here={332A54FD-B429-4A1A-885E-C9497E2E876D}&mc=X00201&TRK=26

Alternative on ebay
click here

US source for alternative.
click here=

polo 18:54 10 Jan 2007

Many thanks Freecell The one she's used to is a Bridge Pro and I've been able to get her the supa version for £40 on Ebay so I hope we're sorted. I say 'hope' because last time I tried to buy on Ebay I got swindled! The goods never came and Paypal investigated but then aid they had no means of getting my money back! So here's hoping.

phin57nish 19:52 12 Jan 2007

Last year I bought USB data cable through eBay, and recd. a CD with too in the pack. Loaded the CD and tried to set the file transfers from the phone, that's what the Wizard says when you try to set the whole thing. And guess what? The CD doesn't have the Motorola L6 driver file. I think the co. that sent it is in China. It was too late by the time I found out that I've been cheated. I've been very very reluctant since then buying anything on-line. I'd rather by any such Electricals from a local shop than on-line. Unless, of course it's a genuine website i.e.Phones4You, Currys, Comet, etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?