blubell; Skype voice dial from bluetooth headset

the lobster 17:15 12 Jul 2007

I'm using Skype daily for work from home and have been using a Belkin Bluetooth dongle and Sony-Ericsson Bluetooth headset for a year or so but was missing the ability to dial from the headset. Last week I finally found the 'blubell for Skype' software here; click here

Voice dialling over Skype and even announcement of who is calling me through the headset. Well woth trying out if you're a heavy Skype user.

red cod 17:49 12 Jul 2007

Sounds just like my situation; I'm using a Jabra bluetooth dongle - do you know if it will work for Jabra?

supra6 17:57 12 Jul 2007

Jabra is OK - I'm using their dongle with blubell and it works like a dream.

lasse 09:31 30 Aug 2007

Why on earth are PC manufacturers like Dell, Sony etc. not including this kind of easy-to-use software and get a real, tangible improvement in user experience with handsfree skype calling from their PC straight out of the box? Thanks to Lobster's post, I'm now using blubell every day in my own one-man-company and it's great: Only problem is I'm drinking too much coffee now as my bluetooth range includes the kitchen ;)

the lobster 22:13 15 Jan 2008

Now there is even a 100 meter headset available from Callpod - 'the Dragon' which just makes blubell even better...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone