Best buy compact under £200

Smiiithy 12:55 07 Jun 2007

I'm looking for a compact digi-cam to capture some of the time away I spent with the TA and a tall ships challenge im going on. Taking this into account it wouldn't necesserily have to be super-robust but durable would be a plus. Must be a compact so I can always carry it and have a decent battery life as i wont be able to charge it until the end of the day / few days. Wouldnt be able to transfer data while away so would need to take a decent sized card.N

Requirement:
*Good battery life
*Minimum of 7mp (but would like higher)
*Must take minimum of 2 gig card

I've been looking at the Sony DSC-T30 7MP, any better suggestions?

^wave^ 16:01 07 Jun 2007

try here for good reviews
click here

hzhzhzhz 20:07 07 Jun 2007
  freaky 22:12 08 Jun 2007

Have a look at this: -

click here

Got one today and very impressed. The basic price is £200 but I paid an extra £63 for a case, spare battery and 2GB Card.

It's specification is similar to an SLR, but you don't need extra lenses (but are available from Panasonic).

It comes with an excellent Manual and software, and is easy to use for a beginner. It also has advanced features to use once you become proficient.

Most digital cameras require you to use the LCD to view and photograph, this one also has a viewfinder so you can use either.

It also has a number of external controls on the case which avoid the need of the LCD menu.

I spent almost a week researching what to get to replace my 7 year old Fuji FinePix Zoom, and am delighted with this Panasonic.

ICF 07:26 10 Jun 2007

Panasonic DMC FX12

click here

sconedd 20:13 10 Jun 2007

Try here click here for detailed reviews on cameras. And here click here for cameras. Good luck

^wave^ 08:28 11 Jun 2007

there are so many good deals out there just keep looking. i got a canon a640 for £149 with a cash back deal, so just keep looking the deals are there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017