BBC Radio Player Issue

peter4076 16:16 03 Nov 2007

I use BBC Radio Player quite a lot to catch up with missed programmes, but you have to play them all the way through without a break, my question is, is there some sort of software that would allow me to pause the playback whilst I answer the phone, answer the door, also there is no facility to stop the playback, except by clicking the X top right corner, seems you are trapped in the software until programme is completed.
Any thoughts most appreciated.

100andthirty 17:32 03 Nov 2007

on my copy of the radio player, there is a pause button on the radio player screen. Moeover if you exit the player and then later go back to the same show Without having listened to anything else, I think) it will offer the option of resuming where you left off

Diemmess 17:48 03 Nov 2007

Assuming you find the programme on BBC as a playable recording of a show still current i.e not surplanted with a later show.

Listening live obviously is just that. You will have to record it and playback later.

peter4076 17:55 03 Nov 2007

Been all over the bbc website, and it seems a problem with perhaps certain browsers, even though you have to have real player loaded, the bbc payer is just a plug-in.
My browser is Firefox, and I'm not sure but I don't think there is a plug-in/add-on for me.
cheers anyway for the input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?