Battery life ~ Murphy's Law, or what?

wee eddie 14:20 27 May 2016

Over the last couple of months the battery on my, almost 3 year old, Galaxy S3 has been gradually performing worse and worse. Holding it's charge for shorter and shorter periods, taking longer to re-charge and generally disappointing.

So, I bought a replacement!

And what happens. The old battery suddenly starts behaving like a youngster. Holds its charge for most of a shift and charges in an hour or so. It's almost as if it knows that it's about to be replaced!

mole44 07:19 28 May 2016

We've all had occasions like that,lost something and hey presto magically reappears as soon as a replacement is got.

lotvic 11:33 28 May 2016

wee eddie, yes it's funny how sometimes threating an item with replacement works as well. Many's the time I find myself muttering "....this is your last chance or you're for the bin" and then 'it' suddendly works ok again LOL

lotvic 11:35 28 May 2016

.. apart from spellcheckers.. suddendly = suddenly

Bazzaman 18:13 05 Jun 2016

Frustrating isn't it. My "best" watch (which was many years old) seemed to have given up the ghost. Tried changing battery a few times and generally "played" with it over 2 or 3 months. Still no go. Ordered a new watch in Feb 2015. Day it arrived the old one started working and has been working fine now for the last 16 months.

Maybe I should submit the evidence to the Miracle Commission for verification!

alanrwood 18:17 05 Jun 2016

Re lotvic's post "Many's the time I find myself muttering "....this is your last chance or you're for the bin" and then 'it' suddendly works ok again LOL"

Try the Basil Fawlty approach and threaten to thrash it.

Forum Editor 19:16 16 Jun 2016

To get the best out of a modern mobile phone battery, don't keep giving it a full charge - just charge it to around 50% and keep it topped up to that level.

Obviously you'll need to increase the charge if you are going to be away from charging facilities for a while, but follow the partial charge policy as much as possible and your battery will reward you by living longer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?