A Baffling )to me!) Internet Radio Anomaly.

morddwyd 11:38 05 Aug 2017
Answered

I have two similar, but not identical (Roberts 83i and Roberts 93i) internet radios.

The one in the kitchen plays every station in the world no problem (well. I haven't tried them all, but you know what I mean) but the upstairs one no longer gets BBC Radio Scotland, though it did until the middle of the week (it still gets everything else).

No problem on DAB, but nothing on IR. I have tried the usual things like a soft reset, but I' reluctant to do a factory reset and have to do a full set-up again.

Any suggestions?

mole44 15:03 05 Aug 2017

Maybe it internet feed isn't working have you tried via a computer. click here

morddwyd 20:08 05 Aug 2017

But surely that would affect both radios?

mole44 05:42 06 Aug 2017

Sorry i took it to mean it had stopped working for both during the week,i have just tried it (Sunday morning) on the tune in app on my smartphone and it's ok over the net,sometimes you just have to bite the bullet good luck.

morddwyd 09:28 06 Aug 2017

I have no problem with internet listening, either on my other radios (I have several), tablet, smartphone or computer. My router is obviously transmitting the signal through the house alright, it's just one station on one receiver that's not working.

Forum Editor 12:51 06 Aug 2017

It sounds to me as though a factory reset is looming.

morddwyd 19:14 06 Aug 2017

No help for it, and that's what I've had to do.

I've just spent a joyous afternoon reprogramming (that's the trouble with having 40 presets!), and still no Radio Scotland!

Very curious thing though, during my resetting I found the Roberts Stream 93i is no longer picking up any BBC stations, but the 83i plays them perfectly normally.

The 93 tunes to the station, the logo appears (it has a small screen) and programme information but no sound.

Looks like I've got to use DAB until there's a software update, or perhaps the BBC is starting to restrict output?

Flat Earther 12:40 07 Aug 2017

"We are aware of the problems listening to the BBC stations over the weekend. We are liaising with the various partners to get this resolved as soon as possible. You can find more information on the BBC help page."

click here

morddwyd 12:46 07 Aug 2017

Thanks very much. I have, within the last 30 minutes, contacted Roberts support myself.

The BBC's so called help and support pages are, as usual, worse that useless!

morddwyd 09:08 08 Aug 2017
Answer

Final Update

Whatever the glich was, it was cured this morning, which is just as well since the BBC help page quoted does not exist!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie