Backup iPhone to iTunes

hawthorn59 04:59 02 Dec 2014
Answered

Hi folks

Is it possible to choose what you backup when backing iPhone up via iTunes ? Getting new iPhone and don't want old safari history etc on the new one. Can I choose not to backup safari ? It'll be on the new phone anyway. Or if I cleared history and cookies would that prevent that data being backed up?

Thanks

H

john bunyan 10:44 02 Dec 2014

Your Safari history is easily cleared by (on Phone): Settings/Safari/clear history and cookies. Not sure what data is on Safari. On your PC, in iTunes, I would: "Edit"/Preferences/Devices - then tick the box "Prevent iPods & I Pads from Synching Automatically. As I Phones have limited storage, I create an "iPhone" playlist of about 1000 songs. Then when you plug in the new phone, register it etc, and before you synch, go through each category - music, apps etc to "tell" I tunes which to synch. Safari should have nothing to do with music, films , Apps etc.

john bunyan 10:49 02 Dec 2014

PS Don't forget to back up old phone to I cloud first so favourites will be there for new phone.

hawthorn59 16:54 02 Dec 2014

Thanks! If I instead backup to icloud, I think I read somewhere that it wouldnt backup my text messages...only imessages?

I also read of a program (maybe there are several) that would allow you to drag across anything you like from iphone to pc? Anyone know of such programme?

Basically dont want to back up Safari at all, it'll be on the new phone anyway!

thanks h

john bunyan 18:24 02 Dec 2014
Answer

Have a read here:

I Tunes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?