ATI RADEON HD 2900 XT 1GB or GeForce 756MB GTX

Mort105 13:15 14 Jul 2007

Hi,

I'm looking at building a new desktop system and not too sure which graphics card to go with. The GeForce 8800 GTX seems to do well against the ATI HD 2900 XT 512 MB but how does the GTX measure up to the HD 2900 XT 1GB?

Also if I'm going with the HD 2900 I'll need a good crossfire motherboard - is there any crossfire motherboards out there as good as the P5N-32E SLI motherboard?

Most of my reading to date has been on SLI/GTX systems but the new HD 2900 with 1GB memory has me thinking of alternatives.

Thanks for any help.

Mark

crosstrainer 17:42 14 Jul 2007

Go for 2x 8800GTX cards (ok I have already been branded a nutter for building this) You need a hefty PSU to make it work in SLI, and the drivers are still a bit flaky, but when it's going properly, the results are amazing.

crosstrainer 18:11 14 Jul 2007

You would get more replies if you had posed this in the helproom, or Vista forums :)

Mort105 21:12 15 Jul 2007

No worries. I was thinking of getting one card now and adding another later when they are cheaper.

I'll post again in the help room and see what responses I get.

Also going to do some reading on the Radeon as there aren't many reviews of the 1Gb version yet.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?