ARIEL PROBLEM?

daajr55 18:22 08 Oct 2007

bought an LG DR275 DVD recorder spent ages setting it up as per manual and had many attempts to get DTV programmes with it connected up to my Toshiba WLT66/67 DTV = could only get the usual four channels e.g. BBC 1. 2. ITV and ITV4 ch 5 bit hazy - eventually got the engineers to look at it, he tried it and said there was aproblem and took it away - received a call today saying it was ready and there was nothing wrong with it and that the fault was my ariel! What I can't get my head around is that if the ariel is the problem how come I get 80 + channels on the DTV. I want to be able to record from the DTV to the DR275 - Anyone got any suggestions?

oresome 18:37 08 Oct 2007

According to Lasky's web site this model does not have a digital tuner.

click here

oresome 18:41 08 Oct 2007

Further to the above, you will be able to record a digital channel that the TV is tuned to.

You will have to select the relevant AV input on the recorder.

Stuartli 22:47 23 Oct 2007

As oresome points out, it only has an analogue tuner - it's would appear it's the engineer whose got a problem by deciding it's the aerial...:-)

One way to make it easier would be to get a cheap and cheeful Freeview set top box, feed the TV aerial signal through it first, then the DVD recorder and finally to the TV (providing the DVD recorder has an RF loop).

You would also need a Scart lead feed from the STB to the recorder and another from that to the TV (for recordings playback on an AV channel).

It would also mean you will be able to watch one Freeview programme and record another.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?