Any Tom Tom owners?

superhoops 18:04 28 Jan 2008

Forum Editor 18:10 28 Jan 2008

there are lots of us.

What's the question?

superhoops 18:21 28 Jan 2008

I think there are gremlins. I typed out a long message but only the title appeared. I will try again. Is there a tomtom model that 1. lets you sort favourites into custom folders 2. Lets you choose an alternative route before you start driving. My Garmin Nuvi won;t do either of these and I want to sell it and buy a tomtom more suitable to its purpose. I would also like text to speech if possible and French maps. Incidentally does the mapshare facility work well? Thanks

anchor 19:48 29 Jan 2008

To the best of my knowledge here are the answers to your questions:

1: No

2: Yes

Text to Speech; yes, some of the new Tom-Toms have this, and French maps are included on the European models. The accent when French is spoken is not very good.

Map Share: this is still in its very early days, and reports about it are variable. It should improve in time as more reports are submitted and confirmed.

anchor 16:40 01 Feb 2008

Map Share: from reading current postings on this forum, it seems Map Share is "playing up" at present. No updates are possible.

click here

superhoops 18:11 01 Feb 2008

Thanks anchor for your link. Unfortunately it appears to be a dead link.

superhoops 23:02 01 Feb 2008

Working now. Site must have been down

anchor 11:56 02 Feb 2008

superhoops: Its worth while registering on this forum. There are some real experts there that have most Tom Tom models, and willingly give advice.

superhoops 12:24 02 Feb 2008

Thanks anchor for pointing out that site. Have a good weekend

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?