Any Advice on buying a Router?

morddwyd 10:42 13 Aug 2015

I've recently been upgraded from a BT Homehub 2 to a HH 4, and I now find that my WiFi bridges for my Skybox and streamer don't work, which is not unknown I understand.

I was going to buy some compatible bridges, but it occurs to me that a new router is probably the cheaper answer. I have always used the (free!) router from my provider in the past so any tips, or pitfalls to avoid, on what to look for?

john bunyan 11:17 13 Aug 2015

I have tried several brands. The latest and best is a Netgear DGND4000 (over a year old so may be superseded), but I recommend the brand. Linksys OK but did not last long. Belkin not very good.

Router list

davidkochi 06:35 14 Aug 2015

You can have a try with TPlink router. They are cheap, but lasts for long. I am using one for last six months and it is working perfectly.

Do you have children using internet? In that case you can use this one.

Thanks, David

morddwyd 11:32 14 Aug 2015

Thanks both.

At the moment I have bethought me of the most logical and cheapest option - I've re-connected my HomeHob2. There was nothing wrong with it (maybe the security is older) they simply upgraded me when I renewed my contract.

Everything seems back to as it was!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?