ANNOYING Samsung Galaxy S7 Call Problem!

JackGE 17:29 07 May 2017

Hi all,

My girlfriend has a Samsung Galaxy S7 which she got on contract with Vodafone roughly 6 months ago. For the past couple of months she has been having problems when she makes or receives calls. It can sometimes be okay for over 30 minutes and other times not even 5. When on a call it will suddenly start making almost alien noises or as if it was just dropped under water, like a scrambling sound and then the call will drop. She can make calls immediately after it happens but it will happen again 90% of the time. I think it started happening after the latest Android update (7.0).

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the update, sim card or hardware problem?

Has anyone else experienced this? It is incredibly frustrating! Any help would be appreciated.

Jack

Menzie 17:21 08 May 2017

Don't have an S7 myself but some have noted strange noise issues when an app called Light Flow is installed.

This is one of those apps that causes the flash to go off when a notification happens.

If that is installed, try removing it and see if it helps.

JackGE 19:36 08 May 2017

Hi Menzie,

Thanks for your suggestion but no such apps are installed. I'm hoping it isn't a hardware based problem. And I don't want to do a factory reset.

Menzie 23:58 08 May 2017

I found a solutions page and think number 6 will be your best bet. Running the phone in safe mode and seeing if the problem occurs again.

If it does that could point to a hardware fault or when it updated something didn't go right with the software.

click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?