Android Tablet with Kitkat 4.4 and BBC Iplayer

SURVEY 15:45 29 Dec 2014

Iplayer downloads programs but refuses to play. BBC says this is a google problem. Has anyone had the same problem? I had untold problems with iplayer some time ago on a PC and it was all down to Flash Player I believe. Now faced with yet another iplayer problem on a tablet. If this is Flash again which isn't supported by google anymore on their tablets..... Just what is it about the IT arrangements of the BBC!

The Kestrel 13:39 31 Dec 2014

This BBC article may help you click here

The Kestrel 13:43 31 Dec 2014

Sorry the link above appears not to take you to the correct page. If you use that link and then type into the search box "Android Devices - Why aren't downloads working?", you should then get to the article I was referring to.

SURVEY 09:20 06 Jan 2015

I find it incredible with the number of tablets now being used that iplayer cannot run on these. Seems that the bbc, adobe and google and apple will not cooperate with each other. Wonderful for the consumer! BBC just seem to wash their hands of the problem rather than improving their IT.

ams4127 21:51 10 Jan 2015

You don't say what make of tablet you are using so I can't help on specifics.

My tablet is a Nexus 7 2013 and BBC iPlayer worked perfectly on 4.4.4 and also now on Lolipop. Last night I streamed the previous day's episode about the Inca, and this morning I downloaded Death in Paradise which my wife and I have just watched (9pm). Both were perfect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?