Advice on the best movie making software

DMAN 19:13 14 Mar 2006

I have video on a camcorder that I would really like to put on to dvd, add titles and music as such. Would appreciate advice on some good software that could do this.

Thanks

kimota 19:37 14 Mar 2006

DMAN there's a lot of stuff out there! Problem with buying a quick'n'easy package is that when you get more ambitious you have to buy more s'ware.

Never buy any video editing package from Pinnacle. Try googling for Ulead. Your best bet though is Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0. Take a good look at the Adobe user forum for this product - it's one of the best forums on the web and its FAQs will answer all your questions.

I'm assuming that your camcorder is digital? If not then you'll need an analogue/digital converter - even that's mentioned in ther FAQs,

PUNKA 21:57 14 Mar 2006

Windows Moviemaker is free and an Ideal way to start having a go at all the different elements of movie making.

anchor 09:27 15 Mar 2006

PUNKA is right; Windows Movie Maker 2 is a good place to start, and give you some experience. It`s free if have WinXP.

GroupFC 09:54 15 Mar 2006

The only problem with MM2 is that it doesn't support burning to DVD, so you will need other s/ware to burn the disc.

I do agree tho' that if you have it, it is certainly somewhere to gain experience. A couple of sites I have found useful with regard to MM are click here and click here.

I have also recently been experimenting with this click here, which does seem to be quite useful.

BRYNIT 09:59 15 Mar 2006

You could always down load the 30 day trial of Ulead Ulead DVD Movie Factory click here

FUl2tiV3 14:51 15 Mar 2006

click here
does the job for me
free download/trial
fully working/no saving of projects

very intuitive
and fast

MichelleC 16:41 15 Mar 2006

The one FUl2tiV3 recomends is probably the best dv editor there is, but this is a free one click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone