Adobe CS3 issue with Photoshop

Tubah 02:31 11 Sep 2008

This is my first post. Hope this is the appropriate forum. I am excited to have just acquired Adobe CS3. I had what appeared to be a successful install on my HP laptop running Vista Ultimate. All is well with the exception of Photo Shop. The applet opens but when it tries to load twain files, I get failure message.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Photoshop.exe
Application Version: 10.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4601eae8
Fault Module Name: lxbftwds.ds
Fault Module Version: 3.107.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 45df4e02
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00004da2
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Can anyone decipher this for me? I am not very technically versed. The photo shop piece was the most important part of the suite for me. is there hope? Neither HP, Adobe, nor MS has been of any help. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

ventanas 11:03 11 Sep 2008

click here

click here

click here

A number of issues with CS3 installations and Vista. As I remember from when it first came to light the advice from Adobe was to reformat your hard drive and make sure that CS3 is the first application installed to the clean system. Not very satisfactory, and its exactly what has stopped me from moving up from CS2, which installs to Vista and works fine, despite what Adobe might say.

hssutton 18:43 11 Sep 2008

"A number of issues with CS3 installations and Vista. As I remember from when it first came to light the advice from Adobe was to reformat your hard drive and make sure that CS3 is the first application installed to the clean system. Not very satisfactory, and its exactly what has stopped me from moving up from CS2, which installs to Vista and works fine, despite what Adobe might say."

This is exactly what i had to do, but I had been previously running the Beta version of CS3

hssutton 18:47 11 Sep 2008

CS4 will soon be available as a beta and this one could be the killer application that's turns photography on it's head, especially if this is incorporated click here

ventanas 08:46 12 Sep 2008

Thanks for that, I will keep a watch out. But as a fully converted devotee of Lightroom I don't seem to use Photoshop quite as much as in the past.

hssutton 08:57 12 Sep 2008

As a one time Rawshooter premium user I've been using Lightroom from the onset and agree, since V2 I'm much the same. CS3 now gets little use, but I do like to keep up to date with the latest offerings.

Kate B 21:43 12 Sep 2008

You need to completely uninstall the beta version and any instances of Flash on your machine, and then uninstall your broken installation of CS3 - I had this when I first installed CS3 on my Vista machine. I did end up doing a clean format and reinstall of Vista, which is a pain. I now keep an image of my hard drive with fresh install of Vista and all my apps including CS3 so as to avoid having to do all that again.

ventanas 22:13 12 Sep 2008

I suppose the only consolation here is that Vista takes less than half the time that XP took to format and reinstall.
I did two this afternoon, took less than an hour.

Tubah 23:40 12 Sep 2008

I guess the re-format idea is the route to go next.

BT 08:35 13 Sep 2008

It really shouldn't be necessary to have to reformat your machine to be able to install software. Not fit for purpose comes to mind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?