Acer 1951D Monitor - is my spec correct?

Bucko1 18:00 18 Sep 2006

I've just taken delivery of an Acer 1951D 19" Monitor from Ebuyer and when I placed the order it was advertised as having a CrystalBrite screen. I took this to mean that it had like a glass coating. When I unpacked it, it has an ordinary sqishable type tft screen and on the box it says Ultra sharp.
Although the picture clarity is very good. I had read on reviews of their 17" model that the crystal brite screen was amazing and I'm dissapointed that I don't have this, when I thought I would. Has anyone received this model with a crystalbrite screen? and does it make that much difference to the view?
I also tried to adjust the contrast and brightness, but even when you move the settings to the min and max settings, the picture does not hardly alter at all. Is this normal for a TFT monitor. I have always had CRT's and their adjustment controls showed a massive difference.

ArrGee 11:31 20 Sep 2006

Having looked at the specs on this monitor from the actual Acer site, it does not mention this screen having CrystalBrite.

click here

At the bottom of the page there is an option for the same screen but in silver, where it says "19",AL1915Ds,w/o CrystalBrite, W/MM,2ms, DVI SILVER "

I take the "w/o CrystalBrite" as meaning without.

If the Ebuyer site mentions that the screen is with CrystalBrite, (and if you are unhappy with the monitor) then I suggest you may have been mis-sold and can obtain a refund.

Bucko1 16:42 20 Sep 2006

Thanks for your message. I've checked out what you said on the Acer website and yes it would appear that ebuyer have listed the wrong information. Although the monitor I received is a good monitor with a very good picture, it's not what I wanted, so I've asked for a refund, which they didn't quibble about.
For anyone who reads this post who may be interested:-
The AL1951AS model has the crystalbrite screen and the AL1951DS model does not.
I'm just preying now that when I eventually receive the crystalbrite version that it's as good as all the reviews that I've read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone