8" - 10" tablet recommendations

rock_face 00:36 14 May 2016

Hi,

I am looking to get a small tablet for general browsing and light activities such as skype, movies and travel activities - planning, booking, maps etc. Nothing intensive such as gaming.

I've got a new android based phone and also recently purchased an Win10 based laptop.

I've no real desires for the tablet other than a good screen, good wifi connection and a reasonable performance. I'll not be using it continually so a 6 - 7 hour battery life is fine for me.

I find some of the 10" tablets can be on the cumbersome size. I briefly had an Asus Z580C 8" tablet which was a nice size, maybe for travelling etc, a bit bigger would be handy 9" might be the golden spot. I had to send it back as the spec was not what was advertised and the cost of what I had received was not worthwhile in my judgement.

I be looking to spend hopefully in and around the £150 mark, but could stretch for maximum £200 for an ideal device.

I've no preference on the OS, but as my phone is running on Android maybe that would be the most obvious path to follow.

Also, I'm not limiting myself to any brands but I've no real knowledge of the market so and suggestions outside of the main players (Apple, Samsung, Asus, etc) would be useful.

Thanks.

Any recommendations?

Govan1x 11:33 14 May 2016

A little above your budget but you get 2 years warranty with it. maybe bigger and more than what you are looking for.

I have only used an iPad so cannot comment on how good or bad this is but worth a look.

Click here

AroundAgain 15:38 14 May 2016

Have you considered a Linx 1010, 10" tablet, Win 10 and not too expensive. I have the Linx 10 and considering upgrading to Linx 1010.

I use BT Keyboard and mouse although I see it's possible to get bundled docking keyboard with the 1010.

Very reasonable price, good reviews. I would recommend.

Shop around for competitive pricing, of course, but £149 at Amazon

David Archer-Longden 12:37 21 May 2016

Samsung Galaxy 10 Every Time, my Friend :-)

The 10" is super and, the bigger the memory the better

Never had any probs with my 64k one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone