4G mobile wifi and static IP's???

Badjah 17:36 11 Mar 2016

I live on a houseboat in London. I have no means to a wired internet connection. I recently bought a 4G sim along with a Huawei 5773s pocket router on the 3 network in the UK, in order to play my playstation 3 online. Here's my issue; previously I would tether the playstation to my 3G iPhone 4s on the 3 network without issue, except for an occasionally laggy connection. The 4G mobile router when connected is great, but will only connect to the playstation network maybe 1 time in 10. Other devices connect to the router fine, and when testing the internet connection test on the playstation I see it is connected to the router, but that it fails afterward to connect with PSN (playstation network). Playstation support suggest I need to open up specific ports, (of which they emailed me a list), but not being too tech savvy I'm unsure where/how to do this in my routers admin settings. Huawei tech support said the couldn't tell me how port forwarding works on my device, but that a static IP would most likely remedy the issue, speak to my network provider... I was then advised by 3 network that I can only be issued a static IP for a mobile device if I were a commercial customer, rather than a private individual. At this point I'm all out of ideas and/or knowhow to remedy this situation. Any advice would be very welcome indeed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?