2 Sockets to enter tv ariel (type lead) into TV

The Potter 01:53 04 Dec 2008

Sorry, this isn't a digital question but I know some of you chaps are very knowledgable when it comes to TVs so I thought I'd pose the question here first and keep my fingers crossed!

We are currently having to use an old TV with no scart socket. We have the video cable in the aerial socket at present. We want to be able to use the DVD player too (and the TV doesn't have the yellow and white inputs); I've managed to work out that we need an RF modulator.

That's no problem but we don't want to have to keep unplugging the video, disconect the lead, connect lead to RFM and then plug back into TV. Is it possible to buy a double socket adapter that will plug in the arieal socket on the back of the TV? If that's possible I'm assuming I could buy another lead and then have both video and RFM (aka DVD player) connected at the same time?

TP

MCE2K5 02:20 04 Dec 2008

Is this click here what you need.

MCE2K5 02:29 04 Dec 2008
  MCE2K5 02:34 04 Dec 2008
  Roadgiant 08:07 04 Dec 2008

Forgive me if I misunderstood the query, but surely all video players had an aerial input and output. So aerial lead is connected to video and second lead from video output is connected to aerial socket on TV, when video is off signal is just passed through it.
RG

laurie53 09:00 04 Dec 2008

Why would video players need an aerial input?

Why do they need an aerial signal?

Only recorders need such a signal.

Pamy 09:51 04 Dec 2008

laurie53, the DVD player output would normally be via a scart, he has not got a scart connector on his TV so is having to go via the antena

anchor 11:01 04 Dec 2008

Obviously the TV is very old, (scart connections have been standard for years).

In view of that I would be disinclined to spend much money. The suggestion of a 2-Into-1 Coax Y Adaptor, plus an additional aerial lead, (£1 in the Pound-shop), would be the most economical way to do it.

Roadgiant 11:12 04 Dec 2008

Surely video players had a aerial input to avoid having to plug and unplug exactly as The Potter is asking, don't forget we are talking about pre scart days.

Pamy 12:10 04 Dec 2008

His "Video player" is a DVD player

laurie53 12:36 04 Dec 2008

Sorry, misunderstood.

Of course, before scart a co-ax plug was the only way to connect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie