2 dead sim cards one new one old

flat-pack 10:21 29 May 2017

Recently took up offer of sim only deal to replace current network, also on sim only.

When I loaded new sim into phone, Sony M2, instead of the expected unlock message I got 'no sim no service'

Cleaned card and tried again, same result, when I put old card back in I got same message, phone is now useless.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions ?

Graham

alanrwood 10:52 29 May 2017

It might help if you posted what sim you are trying to use on what network.

Had a similar problem with a Vectone sim (piggyback on EE) and I sorted it by using the SIM Toolkit App, selecting the sim and setting it to UK only. Maybe you have something similar on the Sony or with you network.

alanrwood 10:54 29 May 2017

Just thought, is your phone unlocked to start with or is it still tied to a specific network.

flat-pack 09:24 04 Jun 2017

My phone was/is locked to vodafone, the new sim was supplied by BT. Currently running BT SIM happily in old phone. I can only find one SIM toolkit in play store and it suggests philippine use only ?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires