anchor 09:37 30 Sep 2005
  PC Advisor. 11:55 30 Sep 2005

Or even here click here

ade.h 17:40 01 Oct 2005

And it's not a wind-up.

ade.h 17:40 01 Oct 2005

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!

justme 19:01 01 Oct 2005

It will be interesting to see just how long it takes for some student to sue the computer manufacturer or their school for repetative strain injury caused by winding up their computer.

ade.h 22:46 01 Oct 2005

Surely your average student is more likely to suffer RSI in his drinking arm?!

Skills 00:14 02 Oct 2005

Thats a good idea, there are many students who suffer from dyslexia but find working on a computer really helps them with their studies.

The ways it could be used are endless and really could have a big impact on the way we are taught.

'He said he knew a low-cost laptop could be made, because at least half the retail price of commercial computers is spent on advertising. “We have none of that cost,” he said.' Times link...

Is that anywhere near true because it's an astonishing fact if it is.

Skills 20:44 30 Oct 2005

In the realms of a desktop you can build a PC thats has beeter specs than most bundled systems for a comparitive price and you have the exact components you want. No manufacturers BIOS's my pet hate of the moment, so given that big box shifters buy there components in bulk and dont use top quality components then yes I think its fair to say that a fair percentage of the price you pay will go towards advertising and profit margins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?