zoostorm Supplier Issues

LewiM 23:00 25 Oct 2007

I am looking to buy this laptop after looking around for quite a while, and after consulting with friends who know a fair bit more than me, they have agreed that it is a very good laptop.

click here

Initially, I was drawn in with the cheap price and thought that it must be some sort of scma, but after reading reviews they have been all good for the zoostorm computers themselves.

However, I've hit a wall when locating a supplier for the laptops in that model.
1) PC Nextday, read reviews on other sites and this forum and am going to avoid.
2) After Hour's Computers Read one bad review but would like to know of anybodyelses experience.
3) Zebra Computers Ltd Yet to read any reviews, slightly more expensive but still good value for money. Again would like to know your experiences.

These sites were taken from zoostorms official site frontpage, and my main question besides the reliability of 2) and 3) are whether anybody else knows of a supplier of the laptop linked? (tried T J Hughes and Littlewoods, overpriced and pretty crap specs).

Sorry for the spiel, and thank you in advance for any advice.

€dstowe 07:56 26 Oct 2007

Perhaps I'm missing something but why not buy from the company that your link points to?

€dstowe 08:00 26 Oct 2007

Sorry, posted too soon.

I don't know the company but their bona fides look reasonable and you have the big advantage that your intentions are published here so that, if anything does go wrong, you will have just about all the publicity possible if you post your experiences on this forum.

LewiM 10:20 26 Oct 2007

Ok Cheers

I'll look into the other a bit more, but will definetly take them into consideration.

Thanks

Technotiger 13:59 26 Oct 2007

In the Helproom quite recently there was a long Thread about a member having lots of trouble with a new desktop pc costing over £1000.00 - this was a Zoostorm computer! So beware! Sorry I don't have a link, but I am sure other members will have seen it, the thread went on for some time.

LewiM 19:16 26 Oct 2007

Thanks for the help Technotiger.

Although I did find some threads about the poor quality of zoostorms i also found some good ones.

However, another rnadom thread pointed me in the direction of Novatech.
Bit aside from the original topic but they seem to reliable, good quality and pretty cheap.

Worth a shot? I'll be using it at Uni for both work and also some relatively heavy gaming.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?