your thoughts please

claridge 15:33 06 Jan 2005

Having deliberated cogitated etc etc - went with the advice of PC Advisor regarding the superbudget PCs' article (Feb 2005 issue)and have bought the Tiny Home 64-3000 PQ for £499 which comes with 3 year return to base warranty (I would have to pay carriage). Albeit it took a day and a half of sitting by the phone to get it sorted!
I was thrown by the sales pitch at the end about warranty etc - which I had to decide on then and there - so turned it down - however - by doing so I am without the Windows XP disc - the machine comes with it loaded but no disc! Have I made a wise/unwise choice?

Xevious 15:48 06 Jan 2005

you seldomly get a Windows disk with a new PC. what you should have is a restore disk instead. sometime they will store the setup files onto a hidden partition on your hard drive, and the restore disk would simply kick this off.

this is done by the supplier in this way as they get the OEM licence at a far cheaper price than the retail box you would find in the shop.

the important factor is that you need to ensure that you have your licence sticker on the case of your PC.

search on this forum and you will find this has been discussed many times in the past. how these discussions ended i'm not too sure, but have a look and see what you can find.

good luck!

Total Care Support 16:16 06 Jan 2005

Hi claridge,

If you have purchased a Tiny Home 64 - 3000 PQ (E10243) this comes with the 3 year return to base professional warranty this includes the system reload disk, under the license we have with Microsoft we do not supply a Windows XP disk, the software is on a hidden partition accessed by the reload disk, this is to assist Microsoft in the Prevention of Piracy.

With regard to purchasing warranty deal's although some deals are one day only offers on price, a extended support package can be taken out at any time in the first 12 months.

I am sorry that it took you some time to get though to us, as I am sure you can understand we have been a little bit busy over the Christmas period, however if you have and questions that you would like me to answer please drop me a reply with your order number and a contact number.

If you could send me your order number anyway and invoice postcode I can keep an eye on your account for you.

Best regards

Daniel Warren

Granville Technology

[email protected]

paddy75 16:27 06 Jan 2005

Good to see a quick response from Time,others take note.Paddy

Total Care Support 16:52 06 Jan 2005
  Sapins 17:24 06 Jan 2005

Naw, come on, nobody is that quick in support. You're his dad and he told you he was going to post here ;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?