Yet another disgruntled Mesh customer!

hotel99 12:38 04 Oct 2006

Did not want to hijack someone else thread so here goes my own on Mesh Computers.

I went to Mesh's HQ in London to their shop and ordered a brand new PC @ nearly £2,000. I'm told my the salesman that the PC will be delivered in 2 weeks time and I paid more to have it delivered before 1200 noon. The day arrives for the delivery, I take a day off work and nothing happens, no PC arrives. I phone Mesh up and it takes me 40 minutes before I get through to someone who then tells me there’s a problem with the PC & it has not left mesh yet!

Am told my mesh it will arrive 3 days later on Saturday, again I take the day off & guess what nothing turns up. Again I ring mesh again I’m told it has not left the factory, I ask why the don’t tell me this before hand, I’m told they have lost my email address, but am told it will be delivered on time on the following Saturday.

The following Saturday comes along as does my mesh pc, get it out of the box and the case is damaged it looks like it’s been dropped as the case is cracked I get on to mesh, yet another call waiting 40 minutes and costing me more money and I’m told I must have damaged it getting it out of the box, I tell them to come and collect as I’m not having a damaged pc.

For the next 2 weeks and numerous calls to mesh before they come and collect it I’m then told by phone I will not be getting a refund as mesh say the damage was done by me, which is complete crap. I ring again and demand a refund, I’m told the pc will be inspected and I will get called back later in the day, guess what no phone call!!

So what do I do now as mesh refuses to give me a refund? Well I have contacted consumer direct & the BBC consumer affairs programme Watchdog who have told me my legal rights over this and they seem to care unlike mesh.

My advice to anyone considering buying from mesh is DO NOT BUY FROM MESH

def90csw 12:43 04 Oct 2006

Is this another one that seems to have slipped through the mesh customer service department. Only time will tell to see if mesh can sort these mounting problems out and to the satisfaction of their growing disgruntled customers.

MESH Response 13:09 04 Oct 2006
  hotel99 14:28 04 Oct 2006

Sadly Nick as these events have dragged on for so long and the seeming unwillingness by your company [mesh] to help me I have sought legal advise and will be contacting you in due course.

The fact that up untill now you seem not to have cared about me as a customer shows that at least mesh are constant at one thing, providing very poor customer service.

I look forward to seeing you in court!

wolfie3000 14:31 04 Oct 2006

Looks like i was right to be wary of mesh then.

def90csw 14:37 04 Oct 2006

Things seem to be getting out of hand at mesh, or do we just see a small %, as those who are happy with their mesh pc's probably dont post?

hotel99 18:30 05 Oct 2006

Seems my legal advice that i have been given is 1st class. I'm now looking forward to seeing mesh in court. Of course i will keep you all posted, that of course if you dont get to read it in the Sun first!!!!!!!

hotel99 13:23 06 Oct 2006

I will not be posting again on Mesh Computers after being given Legal Advice on my situation by my Solicitor.

Probabilitydrive 10:21 08 Oct 2006

3 years ago I just managed to cancel a high-spec system order from Mesh after a -what I thought- small hick-up. Judging your entries, I made the right choice. Furthermore, it may be useful to exchange info on what legal steps the "really disgruntled ones" took and how fast their issues were resolved after that.

Forum Editor 11:26 08 Oct 2006

as hotel99 has announced he/she is seeking redress in the courts.

As a consequence we're not able to discuss the matter further.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?