Yahoo customer service a joke

michaelw 13:59 20 Jan 2010

This is a follow-on from my earlier threa click here

I had contacted Yahoo because the fraudsters had used 2 email addresses to impersonate me. I emailed their only email contact address which they clasify as 'abuse'. They replied requesting a signed letter from me with all the details. I complied. As I hadn't heard anything from them for a long time I emailed again. The correspondences are as follows:

Thanks for writing to Yahoo! UK Customer Care.
Thank you for this information. I understand that the Yahoo! user"[email protected]" or "[email protected]" are involved in fraud.
To enable us to further investigate this matter, we would appreciate it if you could provide us email communication on this matter, including
the full Email headers of this message. Without this information wecannot take any action.

I replied that I couldn't provide them with the actual emails as they had bee sent to the company who the fraudsters had made the purchase.

I then got this reply:

Hello,

Thanks for writing to Yahoo! UK Customer Care.

If you are an individual being impersonated by a Yahoo! Mail user, we
will need a signed statement from you denying any involvement with the
account, as well as a copy of the email (including full Internet
headers) that is going out in your name. If you do not have an actual
email message, please give us a detailed explanation of why you believe
you are being impersonated. We will also need a copy of your photo ID.

If your company is being impersonated by a Yahoo! Mail account, we will need a signed statement on company letterhead denying any involvement with the account, as well as a copy of the email (including full Internet headers) that is going out with the company name.

By now I was becoming irritated so ran off this reply:

Hi

I believe you have just confirmed most people's view that yahoo customer services is not very good.
I have sent you a signed letter denying any involvement with the accounts. I cannot send you a copy of the emails as I have informed you now three times the emails were not sent to me but to the company who took the booking from the fraudsters.
If you continue to mess me about it is only wasting both our time.

I don't hold out much hope that they'll be any more helpful. Meantime the fraudsters are very probably still using those email addresses.

michaelw 15:41 22 Jan 2010

but it's taken a long arduous time:

Dear Mr xxxxxxx,

I apologize for the previous message I sent you asking for a copy of your ID.

I couldn't find it before. Now I can confirm you that we have taken appropriate action against the Yahoo! accounts in question, as per our Terms of Service (TOS). For further details about the Yahoo! TOS, you can visit:

click here

Please know that Yahoo! is unable to disclose the action taken on another user's account with a third party. We are not able to make exceptions to this rule.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?