XPlite now available

Newuser38 22:26 21 Sep 2003

For previous cognescenti of 98lite this is now available at click here you are of course entirely on your own when you cross this bridge!

Newuser38 07:55 22 Sep 2003

!

Djohn 11:29 22 Sep 2003

Thanks for the info. J.

Newuser38 18:23 23 Sep 2003

Obviously the interest that developed into all sorts of OS'S before is a thing of the past. One last bump before I tick.

Djohn 18:36 23 Sep 2003

Don't be disheartened by lack of response to your thread. It's quite possible that many hundreds have read and gained information, but not stopped to say so. Regards. j.

Chris the Ancient 20:27 23 Sep 2003

As Djohn says - a lot of people have probably read - and absorbed - your thread. I did. But as an old duffer and a stick in the mud, I would like someone else to say, "Wow, this is whizzy. It did this for me and I'd never be without it." Or the opposite of, "Never again!"

I'm a little distrustful of sales splurges (it comes with age) and I'm always worried that I'll wreck my system.

So... What does it *really* do and is it any use?

Chris

zanwalk 21:28 23 Sep 2003

Thanks very much for this information.

I have only just noticed this thread as I frequent this site much less these days, for various reasons.

Please do keep posting!

Chegs ® 21:56 23 Sep 2003

I have 98lite(but been using XP ever since I got the 98lite prog)I have also tried pruning my 98 install,but gave up as everytime I chopped a chunk of 98 off,a piece of my other hardware would cease working.

Has anyone told Flecc about XP lites existence? :-)

Mango Grummit 22:14 23 Sep 2003

Thanks Newuser38.

Chegs ®, that's the trouble with this *lite* malarky. I've toyed with it myself. You finish up with a machine that boots in nano seconds .... but is not much use when you actually want to use it for anything.

Newuser38 22:19 23 Sep 2003

I have not yet tried the XP version. I have a problem that both of my 'new' pc's are XP based and I cannot afford to mess them up.
Some of you may remember I originally did the same with 98lite until I got into the Sp+Str shhh systems.
I hope to try XPlite soon on an old machine used for 'liteing'.
Chris the Ancient:- I know how you feel but since I got my pink OAP card I have become progressive.But not permissive.

Will post again if I get anything of interest like does it work or not.

Chegs ® I will check the master out I bet he does but head down these days??

Newuser38 22:24 23 Sep 2003

Djohn

Thanks, not downhearted, just used to the big debate we all used to have with the 98 system. and surprised because of that.

I guess the big difference is that you did not have to activate 98 after 30days.

We shall see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?