Worst Company Ever

Jay2009 12:41 04 Dec 2009

I am a recent victim of Computerwebstore. I ordered a product in September 2009, they took payment the next day via Visa Debit. After many problems with this company I decided to call trading standards, they advised me to cancel my order under the Consumer Protection Regulations 2000, this means they legally have 30 days to pay me my refund. They failed to do this, I therefore have to claim my money back via my banks fraud department.

The addressee shown on Computerwebstore.com is actually a company called Mail Boxes Etc, computerwebstore rent out a post office box!

I have been in contact with the operations manager of Mail boxes etc to make them aware of Computerwebstore. Computerwebstore are in breach of Mail Boxes Etc terms and conditions (mail box rental points 6 and 7).

Please contact Eve Jackson at:

Mail Boxes Etc (UK) Ltd
15 Cromwell Park
Chipping Norton
Oxfordshire
OX7 5SR

Post Office Box that Computerwebstore use:

Mail Boxes Etc
Unit 1A
Imperial Court
Exchange Street East
Liverpool
L2 3AB

wiz-king 12:56 04 Dec 2009

Previous thread - may be of interest click here

Mr_E_V 10:23 21 Dec 2009

I too have used Computerwebstore but I have found the most effective way to contact them is through this address -
356 Waterloo Quay
Waterloo Road
Liverpool
Merseyside
L3 0BT

This is better than going through the place where they only have a mailbox.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:16 21 Dec 2009

They managed to receive a dishonourable mention on MoneyBox, Sat. 1200. You can catch it on the BBC Iplayer.

G

GaT7 11:21 21 Dec 2009

If you're not sure of a company (or service), always Google for them. Most often than not, if they aren't very good, they would've left a trail of bad service.

Also stop by to enquire about them in a few good forums.

And if you're in the slightest doubt, it's always wise to stick to known good retailers - even if their prices are a little dearer than some of the nondescript stores.

Perhaps it's our own obsession with getting the best deal or a bargain that's to blame for getting into these kinds of problems. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?