Wireless Router

flycatcher1 17:47 09 Aug 2007

My BT Voyager 2091 Router does not provide the coverage that I need - in fact it gives very little cover at all.
I am looking to buy a new Wireless Router and I am interested in a Linsky Wag325n-UK Unit, £85.99 from Ebuyer. Cost always matters but I am looking for performance and I am prepared to spend my children's inheritance !
Any info or pointers would be appreciated.

dukeboxhero 21:47 09 Aug 2007

you might find more info in the networking forum,
i use the netgear DG834G found it very easy to set up and havnt had any problems with it

flycatcher1 21:56 09 Aug 2007

Thanks for your response dukeboxhero I had not noticed the other forum.

Picklefactory 16:15 13 Aug 2007

I bought Linksys WAG354G based on trawling net and finding it highly recommended. I have, however, had nothing but trouble with it, or them I should add, as I'm on my 2nd. 1st one worked well for a couple of months, then comitted hari-kari and I had to return it. Replacement has not functioned correctly from day one, every day or two I have to reboot it as internet access dies. My ISP stable rate is through the floor due to the router issues, I am about to send this one back and chase refund. I would stress that the Linksys support has been excellent, their live chat set up I've found to be quick, free and has very patient and informed operators. I will not be replacing with another Linksys. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but bitten twice now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?