Wireless networking Products

sam2004 20:52 23 Apr 2004

Hello,
Has anyone found a really good USB Wireless networking adapter? i am looking for one that will work well with XP but all the reviews i could find have been horible!

Please could anyone with some advice please leave me a note.

Thankyou in advance for your time
Sam :-)

Minkey1 21:20 23 Apr 2004

Hi Sam
I'm using the Linksys WUSB11 adapter on the desktop, using ad hoc/peer to peer setup. Went for 802.11b as the young uns laptop had .11b built in. She uses it upstairs and shares Broadband no problem, plus files/printer downstairs. I've even wirelessly sent a photo slide show to the laptop in the lounge, connected to the telly. Worked a treat ! i've certainly no problems with it - compared to a Sitecom version I had to send back - and find the lower speed of 11b no problem - as the weather improves we can use the laptop outside so gaining the formats extra range. Wireless for £50 ! Can't be bad. Minkey

sam2004 23:02 23 Apr 2004

I have now read the reviews for the product you specified and found that about 2 in 10 people had trouble with it, but found the helpline good.
I have found this product, from reviews, better that the other ones i have looked at!

Thankyou for reccommending it to me!
sam2004

andyhuz 21:48 26 Apr 2004

You won`t go far wrong with this one
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?