Wireless keyboards and mice - reliability

VNAM75 12:04 27 Apr 2008

I had a wireless logitech keyboard and mouse combo that stopped functioning after 2 years (mouse went first). Then an ebuyer wl mouse went after a few months. Now I only use wired versions.

Are the wireless ones less reliable or have I just been unlucky? I don't miss them because you don't really need to move them any distance so wired is perfectly convenient to use.

ened 12:14 27 Apr 2008

I would say you have been unlucky although my Logitech mx700 keyboard stopped functioning recently.

I plugged the usb into a ps2 adapter and it works fine again.

Apart from that I have been using Logitech cordless items for some years with little trouble.

tullie 13:01 27 Apr 2008

There isent really much point in them,except tidyness i suppose,also i havent found them as reliable.

Stuartli 20:50 27 Apr 2008

I've found wireless keyboards and accompanying mouse to be as reliable as any other components.

However, it's still wise to keep a corded version of each for the time you have system problems and need them (good idea to refresh on using the keyboard to move about the screen, programs etc)..:-)

And of course try retuning the channel and make sure the batteries are not flat.

Stuartli 23:33 28 Apr 2008

Most keyboard and mouse sets have an initial setup routine to ensure that they work in harmony, particularly applicable if you have to change batteries in either component.

The manual will detail the sequence, although my keyboard also has it included as part of the underside of the case design.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?