* Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Sets

lukealexander 14:11 04 Jan 2006

I have been looking extensively for a good wireless desktop set (using RF preferably) for use with my laptop. The problem I find is that the systems with good mice have bulky keyboards, wheras I need something thin and light. I have seen the Logitech S510 system but don't fancy the mouse, and same with the DiNovo system. So my question is, would be it be possible to buy one of these systems and add a seperate wireless mouse (I particularly like the Microsoft Wireless Notebook 4/5/6000 series) or would they interfere with one another?
Of course, if they sold wireless keyboards seperately (difficult to find) my problem would be solved. Any advice?

Sibbo 11:28 05 Jan 2006

I would think that the answer is no. I have used wireless keyboard/mice and each set has required a transmitter which communicates with them and uses a USB port.Your combination would need 2 transmitters, 2 USB ports and 2 different driver disks which would cause a conflict.If I am wrong sorry, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will speak up soon lol

Sibbo 11:30 05 Jan 2006

PS
Look at the sets from Cherry, I believe they have brought out a new wireless set which has a nice slim keyboard

Stuartli 18:59 05 Jan 2006

I can't see any reason why one company's wireless mouse should work with another's equivalent keyboard.

The RF ranges are small and most users will find they work OK with the Microsoft Intelligience(?) drivers automatically (in SP2)

Stuartli 19:03 05 Jan 2006

..should not work with another's...

Stuartli 19:06 05 Jan 2006

If you visit the A4Tech website:

click here

you can probably find your particular wireless mouse and keyboard featured (many companies rebadge A4Tech's excellent products under their own names).

Stuartli 19:10 05 Jan 2006

Manufacturers' mouse and/or keyboard drivers usually contain the programmable keys or hot keys features as well as the basic drivers.

lukealexander 19:10 05 Jan 2006

Sorry, perhaps I didn't make myself clear initially. What I mean is could I use ANOTHER receiver (ie. the one that would come with the new mouse) in addition to the one I would be using for the keyboard. So I would have two RF recievers - one for each peripheral.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?