windows vista

philly73 18:55 09 Oct 2006

i'm ready to buy a new pc.Should i wait till january when if reports are to be believed windows vista comes out and buy a pc with vista installed or will it just the cd being released thats if its ever released.

Forum Editor 18:58 09 Oct 2006

it would probably be worth doing so. When Vista launches (and it will launch early in the new year according to Microsoft) pretty well all new machines will have it pre-installed.

Jimmy14 19:10 09 Oct 2006

This could be relevant if you are thinking of getting a computer this year and buying Vista maybe as an upgrade,
click here
click here
I personally think that buying customized desktop maybe with no operating system on it configured to your specifications would be a good idea then just buying Vista in January.

josie mayhem 21:00 09 Oct 2006

Me, I would do as FE says and wait for the release in the new year of vista...

The only problem with buying now and then up-grading to vista in january, you might loose the software support with the supplier?

If you wait, then you will have a system that is pre-configured to work all together with everything, and if there is any problems you know that you still get support for the software under warrenty.... (and here of course)

phil46 01:19 10 Oct 2006

Your not missing much even with the 5600 build or later still think vista is slow even W98 is faster to load and i have a 3.8GB Processor and 2GB ram W98 being on my 8 year old computer.

philly73 13:35 11 Oct 2006

thank you all for the great advice from all that replied..much appreciated

philly73 13:45 11 Oct 2006

This thread should be showing as resolved as i ticked the box ???????

DieSse 14:41 11 Oct 2006

From some time in October, if you buy a system with XP, you'll get a voucher to upgrade to Vista - free in some cases. Look out for the announcement.

terryf 14:46 11 Oct 2006

tickit again?

DieSse 14:49 11 Oct 2006

From some time in October, if you buy a system with XP, you'll get a voucher to upgrade to Vista - free in some cases. Look out for the announcement.

DieSse 15:03 11 Oct 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?