Windows Vista

irwind 19:13 23 Jan 2006

I am looking to buy a PC soon.I am not sure if I should bite the bullet and wait for vista to be released?When exactly is it expected and will it be worth the wait?

anskyber 19:22 23 Jan 2006

You tell me! It seems the trusted maufacturers may have it for the Xmas run up and retail around then also. But it has been slow in coming and do you want to be the final testbed for it? For what it is worth I was thinking on similar lines to you.

irwind 19:37 23 Jan 2006

if i got and buy a PC with XP do you know what extra specs i would need in case i want to upgrade to vista at a later date?

Mr Mistoffelees 19:46 23 Jan 2006

You'll be wanting to take a look at this click here

Forum Editor 19:49 23 Jan 2006

in the autumn - September seems to be a favourite hatching time for Microsoft babies.

A lot will depend on the feedback from the second beta version, due sometime soon.

jack 20:00 23 Jan 2006

Windows XP magazine in W H Smith's has a 2 CD edition one of which is [It claims on the lable] a

Vists PreveiwP Pack'
Presumably it emulates what Vista may look like.

Totally-braindead 20:12 23 Jan 2006

I don't know if I would wait for Vista or not, there is an article in PCA about what your PC needs to have to run it and that would be a good place to start. But I'm not inclined to get anything such as this as soon as its out, theres always problems. I don't think I would even consider Vista until it had been out for at least a year and hopefully any bugs/problems were ironed out.

Thalmus 23:42 23 Jan 2006

Yeah I'm with TB, i'll probably wait untill at least the first service pack is out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?