Windows Live Problem

sean1916 04:05 12 Oct 2010

Hi
I am cannot access my windows live account or inform Windows Live of the problem. Can anyone inform me of the best way to contact them?
Sean 1916

rdave13 05:00 12 Oct 2010

Possibly if you join the Windows Live help forum you'll get some good advice; click here

sean1916 05:37 14 Oct 2010

I cannot use the Windows Live help forum as I cannot sign in and cannot inform Windows Live that I cannot sign in.

birdface 08:51 14 Oct 2010

Or have a look through this.

click here

rdave13 10:05 14 Oct 2010

To continue with my first link see; click here

sean1916 23:49 14 Oct 2010

I still cannot get anywhere at all with this. Is there anyway that I can get them to send me a copy of my password and or inform them that I cannot enter the pass word?

rdave13 00:09 15 Oct 2010

Try going to control panel- programs- programs and features- Windows Live Essentials and click on uninstall/change. Select 'repair all'.
If that fails then the only thing I can think of is try to create a new account; click here
Use the " or get a Windows Live email address".
If that works then use that addy to get help.

wee eddie 10:22 15 Oct 2010

I think that the next thing that you should do is to download CCleaner (it's free) and run it to clear the Cookies away. It may be something such as a Cookie that is causing your Denial of Access.

click here

It might be worthwhile running the Registry Cleaner as well.

birdface 14:13 17 Oct 2010

Not sure if this is any good.

click here

namtas 19:47 17 Oct 2010

Try buteman's solution
I suddenly found that I could not access Windows Live. After having searched around for a couple of days and even been persuaded to journey into the risky (for some) registry I tried most other solutions. I came across the possible password solution which immediately resolved the problem. Apparently, and unknown to me, my account had been subjected to a possible high jack attempt. When this happens apparently a password block is applied, but they didn't alert me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?