Windows Live OneCare

reddwarfcrew 22:24 27 Dec 2006

Has anyone tried this?

At £25 for 3 PCs it seems very good value.

click here

reddwarfcrew 22:29 27 Dec 2006

Just noticed that it's only available in US at the moment! D'oh!

Jimmy14 22:50 27 Dec 2006

A review of 15 internet security suites a few months back from pc advisor rated windows live one care as one of the worst and doesnt pick up everything on a computer or manage inward and outward traffic very well. I wouldn't buy it.

mymate 14:34 28 Dec 2006

I been running it and thought it was good,but i couldnt load some pages in Firefox,and someone here told me to use ccleaner,that worked perfect,but i thought Windows Live Care was supposed to be doing that ! so i dont bother with it now.
Somewhere along the way i put in a USA zip code,so Windows live care thinks i am in the states ! and i could have used it for 3 months trial,but never bothered.

pk46 15:10 28 Dec 2006

Slowed my computer down on log on i deleted it in the end.

imacd 16:11 28 Dec 2006

I don't remember putting in a US postcode, but I managed to get onto the beta trial and it should last for another 4 months. It does slow web browsing down, especially the phishing filter and if you turn it off you constantly get messages asking if you want to turn t back on. It also causes issues with Firefox including a total freeze requiring re-boot. If these issues were ironed out it would be worthwhile as it contains a backup facility too, but I will be removing it this weekend and relying on the free stuff recommended by this forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?