Windows Live Mail

Terry Brown 22:38 12 Feb 2011

I have been using a selection of Email programs, Outlook, Gmail & Virginmedia for my email, and recently combined them all to run via Outlook express.

I have heard about the Windows Live for XP, and thought to try it. Very Disapointing, I have gone back to Outlook.

Have you tried it (Windows Live) and what was your reaction?
Terry

ams4127 23:07 12 Feb 2011

I use WLM all the time with no trouble. The only slight gripe is the time it takes to load. I have it configured to pick up all my mail from my various accounts and this it does.

I've tried Thunderbird and quite liked it but I hate Outlook and refuse to have it anywhere near me!!

Forum Editor 00:03 13 Feb 2011

from Speakers Corner.

birdface 09:30 13 Feb 2011

Not had any problems with it.
I used Incredimail for years but my Anti-Malware program did not like it and issues so many warning about it that I switched to Windows Live mail and like ams4127 I have it pick up all my mail from my various accounts.

numskull 10:37 14 Feb 2011

I kept getting problems with WLM. I would crash then would not open e-mails so I have uninstalled it.

numskull 10:37 14 Feb 2011

oops! It would crash.

Woolwell 11:34 14 Feb 2011

The thing about Outlook is that is not just an e-mail program. I quite like it and it usually syncs well with other devices eg smartphones (calendar, contacts, etc). Windows Live Mail doesn't seem to sync as well especially the calendar. I mainly use Outlook and had until recently Windows Mail and the Live Mail on my laptop. I am now using Thunderbird on the laptop. I found it took some setting up and getting used to but I now prefer it to Live Mail.
I have not had any crashes with any them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone