Windows Live

Terry Brown 21:06 03 Jun 2009

Have you installed Windows LIve on your system ?, What is the advantage to the user ?, are there any disadvantages ?.

All comments appreciated.
Thank you
Terry

Clapton is God 12:15 04 Jun 2009

"Have you installed Windows LIve on your system ?"

Yes, and I immediately unistalled it.

I found that every time I opened an Office application (Word, Excel, etc) that it immediately launched Internet Explorer and tried to connect to the net.

Sheer bloody nuisance.

tullie 14:21 04 Jun 2009

I have used Windows Live for ages without any adverse affects.

pa1916 18:55 04 Jun 2009

Sorry i think Windows live is crap.

Terry Brown 19:53 07 Jun 2009

tullie & pa1916

What does it actually do, as compared to the standard windows and office software?

That is what I would like to know.
Thanks
Terry

tullie 21:49 07 Jun 2009

I only use it for email

darrenrichie 11:52 08 Jun 2009

I use Windows Live for email, messenger and sometimes photo gallery. You get 25gig of storage for free on live spaces and this cannot be knocked. It works great for me and I have never had any problems. Live Writer is very good if you blog alot. Messenger has improved loads since it's rebranding and the email application is very easy to use and I use it to access my hotmail and google accounts.
Things have improved alot since they rebranded everything as Windows Live and is a great bundle of apps.

Terry Brown 20:20 08 Jun 2009

darrenrichie

Thanks, I had a look at the specs and all I could fine was networking and Visual basic editor info.
I will give it a try.
Terry

Teaboy 17:21 09 Jun 2009

Windows Live has one of the best mail filters going. Of the 300 odd spams I daily receive only a very few get into my in-box. Click the little x and they are gone.

Zeppelyn 19:49 09 Jun 2009

Terry

See this for a decent review click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?