Windows 7 Laptop - Where to buy?

Rob Gibson 12:11 14 Aug 2014
Answered

Suggestions please as to where to go for a Win 7 laptop. As I don't want to spend a lot of money I'm guessing refurbished rather than new. Needed for my non-computer-savvy brother in law who just wants the basics - web/email/photos, etc. He's a bit heavy-handed so nothing too new or nice! Windows 7 because I'll be IT support and I don't get on with Win 8.

Rob.

spuds 16:40 14 Aug 2014

Have you considered Ebay or Amazon, and perhaps one of the outlet or MarketPlace shops there?.

100andthirty 18:43 14 Aug 2014

Novatech have an excellent reputation and sell laptops with your choice of operating system including Windows 7

wee eddie 22:42 14 Aug 2014

Dell Seconds could be your place

Rob Gibson 08:22 15 Aug 2014

Thanks for the comments. I'm currently looking at The Laptop Centre as suggested by Lazarus The 2nd.

spuds 10:32 15 Aug 2014

If you make a final purchase, especially if it refurbished, make sure that any warranty supplied covers the needs and is fully understood.

Would also suggest that you do a little internet search for any reviews on the seller and the laptop you choose.

Nothing like having problems, that might be difficult to resolve, because you have bought a cheap bargain?.

Aitchbee 10:31 17 Aug 2014

You could also try your local, small, high street, computer shop for second hand laptops with W7 already loaded. I purchased [in Glasgow] 2 reconditioned laptops [HP and Toshiba circa 2008 models] for £150 each a few months ago [one for my sister, who is also 'a bit heavy-handed'] and both have worked well with no probs. Each came with a 6-months guarantee.

Rob Gibson 11:44 20 Aug 2014
Answer

Bit of feedback . . .

Ordered a laptop from "The Laptop Centre" on Friday, arrived today (Tuesday). Nice clean machine, exactly as described. No issues at all.

Rob.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?