Windows 7 Illegal copy from trusted source.?

Uboat 18:21 15 May 2010

Hi guys hope the weekend is going well?
I bought two copies of W7 Ultimate(32/64 bit discs) from a company called "TechNet" via Amazon, & both of them have not activated, One went with a black screen & in all four corners it said something like "This is a illegal copy" & the other one just will not activate & opened up a browser directing me to MS's site to purchase a so called Genuine copy.? so ive had to uninstall them both? they are the FULL retail versions & come with keys for both copies, It seems this company have links with MS does anyone know why this would happen..

I'm awaiting a reply from them so does anyone know what they could do.?

Forum Editor 18:38 15 May 2010

from Speakers Corner.

onthelimit 18:51 15 May 2010

Have you tried phoning MS to activate them? I'd do that and if no joy, go back to the retailer!

Uboat 18:55 15 May 2010

Sorry FE i'l know in the future!

OTL yeah i tried that & the phone system says its not a valid set of keys.?

Ive emailed them & i'm very intrested to find out what has happened..

100andthirty 19:01 15 May 2010

Also complain to Amazon and make sure the supplier knows you've done so. I presume they were cheap???

spuds 19:32 15 May 2010

Did they arrive in a Microsoft sealed and monogrammed container for public sale. If not, then that's the possible answer.

I recently purchased a download from the internet program, and that kept telling me that it was a 'suspect privacy' copy. Went back to the manufacturer, and they stated that it was due to coding and limited free trial procedures. They eventually resolved the problem by giving a refund.

Miké 19:39 15 May 2010

Can you post a link to the offending item?

Uboat 21:49 15 May 2010

Hi guys, Here is exactly the same two! & yes thats me in the pic, The one on the left is still packaged with teh plastic cover...

click here

100andthirty 08:29 16 May 2010

From the photo they certainly look genuine. Do the stickers with the all important activation numbers have the usual metallic foils in them?

Uboat 10:34 16 May 2010

100Andthirty hi & thankx, Yes the disc have all the holograms on them & stickers...i still havent had a reply from them.?

Uboat 12:42 17 May 2010

Marg7 thankyou for the link! it may come in usefull!
regards
UB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?