Windows 7 Illegal copy from trusted source.?

Uboat 18:21 15 May 2010

Hi guys hope the weekend is going well?
I bought two copies of W7 Ultimate(32/64 bit discs) from a company called "TechNet" via Amazon, & both of them have not activated, One went with a black screen & in all four corners it said something like "This is a illegal copy" & the other one just will not activate & opened up a browser directing me to MS's site to purchase a so called Genuine copy.? so ive had to uninstall them both? they are the FULL retail versions & come with keys for both copies, It seems this company have links with MS does anyone know why this would happen..

I'm awaiting a reply from them so does anyone know what they could do.?

Forum Editor 18:38 15 May 2010

from Speakers Corner.

onthelimit 18:51 15 May 2010

Have you tried phoning MS to activate them? I'd do that and if no joy, go back to the retailer!

Uboat 18:55 15 May 2010

Sorry FE i'l know in the future!

OTL yeah i tried that & the phone system says its not a valid set of keys.?

Ive emailed them & i'm very intrested to find out what has happened..

100andthirty 19:01 15 May 2010

Also complain to Amazon and make sure the supplier knows you've done so. I presume they were cheap???

spuds 19:32 15 May 2010

Did they arrive in a Microsoft sealed and monogrammed container for public sale. If not, then that's the possible answer.

I recently purchased a download from the internet program, and that kept telling me that it was a 'suspect privacy' copy. Went back to the manufacturer, and they stated that it was due to coding and limited free trial procedures. They eventually resolved the problem by giving a refund.

Miké 19:39 15 May 2010

Can you post a link to the offending item?

Uboat 21:49 15 May 2010

Hi guys, Here is exactly the same two! & yes thats me in the pic, The one on the left is still packaged with teh plastic cover...

click here

100andthirty 08:29 16 May 2010

From the photo they certainly look genuine. Do the stickers with the all important activation numbers have the usual metallic foils in them?

Uboat 10:34 16 May 2010

100Andthirty hi & thankx, Yes the disc have all the holograms on them & stickers...i still havent had a reply from them.?

Uboat 12:42 17 May 2010

Marg7 thankyou for the link! it may come in usefull!
regards
UB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017