Will the Matrix Performance PC from Mesh be a good

Spurs442 13:52 07 Jan 2009

Will the Matrix Performance PC from Mesh be a good upgrade on my current PC. I do a bit of video editing and good performance is vital. The PC I'm thinking of getting is from MESH - Matrix Performance HD
System Base Price: £523
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition Quad Core Processor AM2+ (2.6GHz, 4MB Cache, 2000MHZ) Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit - English MESH Midi-Tower ATX Case + 550W PSU - ASUS M3A , AMD Socket AM2+ Phenom ATX Mainboard 4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM - (2x 2GB) 750GB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive with 32MB Buffer Samsung 22x Dual Layer DVD Writer Super Format +R/-R/RW/RAM 512MB ATI Radeon HD3450 (Direct X10.1, PCI Express 2.0)
7.1 High Definition onboard sound card

My current PC is almost 5years old. It's a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo 600 with a 250GB Hard Drive, 1GB of RAM, Athlon XP 3200 Processor.

Just wondering if the new PC from MESH would really out perform my current PC, or should I maybe just stick with what I've got. I'm new to all this, so thanks.

pcmags 15:35 07 Jan 2009

Have you looked at Novatech @ click here
They offer 1st class builds, customer service & support.

roddypoddy 18:59 07 Jan 2009

While you can get some cracking deals these day,s,it may be worth your while checking that the software you use is compatible with the operating system you use.
I:E,32 or 64 bit(also xp v vista),you really don,t want to spend a nice lump sum only to find nothing you use works,good luck.

Forum Editor 19:21 08 Jan 2009

"Just wondering if the new PC from MESH would really out perform my current PC" is 'yes'.

The advice from roddypoddy about software applications is valid. The advantage of a 64bit environment as far as you're concerned is that it will help considerably with your video editing - Vista 64bit Home Premium will support up to 16 Gigabytes of RAM. The thing is, if you're using 32bit software your computer will address it as such, you're unlikely to see much in the way of increased performance simply because you have a 64bit machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?