Which Speakers

lester1 22:58 15 Feb 2003

I've just installed a Soundblaster live card and would like a reasonable set of speakers.Anyone got some suggestions?

Andsome 09:02 16 Feb 2003

Speakers are a difficult subject to comment on. Peoples tastes vary too much. Some like a sharp brilliant sound and some prefer a warm smooth sound. I think that you will have to visit a shop and explain what sort of sound you prefer, and listen to some samples if possible. I know that this is not over helpfull, but when I last bought Hi-fi speakers, I just did not like the recommended best buy in the Hi-fi magazine, and settled for a pair which recieved less of a rave review.

« Ravin » 10:41 16 Feb 2003

since you're using a soundblaster card you could go for the creative inspire range of speakers. quite good sound. the basic set is the 2.1 version , would recommend the 4.1 and you can go higher for better sound quality. others prefer the cambrige soundworks range too.

have a look at this similar thread on speakers click here

and you can look at the speaker section of the creative site click here

Mr Scone 11:52 16 Feb 2003

Creative inspire 5.1 5300 - Good speakers at a good price click here or click here (click on speakers at the top)

MS

Djohn 12:22 16 Feb 2003

As Andsome says, an individual thing! I have a Soundblaster 5.1 card and a set of Videologic ZXR 500 speakers, and for the price of approximately £60-00 I think they will be hard to beat, very happy with the sound quality. J.

cheapskate2k 16:21 16 Feb 2003

Ive had both the zxr 500s and creative 5300s, I would say that the videologics are better. They came with a pc that went back after a week. They also feel higher quality than the creatives, the only catch being they dont have a remote control. Or just plug your pc into your hifi, depending on your hifi the quality should be better.

lester1 20:24 16 Feb 2003

Thank's for your help I'll check out your recommendations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?