which sat nav?

tonyq 13:20 16 Jun 2007

hi all,
thinking of buying a sat-nav which will only be used for travel in U.K. Can anyone point me to which ones I should have a look at and there good/bad points.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:02 16 Jun 2007

click here is the best and most accurate one that I have ever used with a big, big screen. You can get it for £249 off Ebuyer plus an extra £10 off if you pay by Google checkout click here For an extra £100 you can buy the speed camera database with free updates but if you send in a n old radar detector you get this for free.....buy one off ebay for a tenner or grab an old one for your friends.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:02 16 Jun 2007

'for your friends.'..... = off your friends

Forum Editor 14:31 16 Jun 2007

click here

and she's delighted with it. It comes with speed camera database already installed, and does exactly what it says on the tin.

tonyq 15:05 16 Jun 2007

Forum Editor:
Please read the following from PC Advisor Reviews.
click here

Forum Editor 15:13 16 Jun 2007

Thanks, but I have seen the review. My response was a personal one, or rather it was based on my wife's personal experience, which is that she's delighted with the Tom Tom, and that - so far at any rate - it hasn't once put a foot wrong.

Not all people have the same experience, obviously, but you speak as you find.

sunny staines 15:15 16 Jun 2007

got a tomtom very impressed, no idea about other makes.

Phphred 16:07 16 Jun 2007

I have just bought the Tomtom One V2. I tried it out just walking with it in my shirt pocket and so Jane could not see. She guided me to my destination a few hundred yards away just by telling me when to turn. I really think she is brilliant!

tonyq 17:13 16 Jun 2007

GANDALF:
I see that the"Snooper Syrius"runs on a rechargeable battery,can I presume that this is chargeable on the go via the cars cigarette lighter.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:24 16 Jun 2007

Yes but it lasts for a long time.

daveac41 18:41 16 Jun 2007

I want to purchase a 500Gb internal HDD, to supplement my current 150Gb drive It has to be an IDE type, and I'd prefer internal.

Can anyone recommend a reliable make, please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?