which sat nav

polish 19:12 02 Oct 2006

iam looking at purchasing a tom tom 0ne sat nav have been told they are one of the best or are one of the nav mans just as good .

puma22 19:17 02 Oct 2006

whether you want it to do anything else. I've got a T3 which i link to tom tom navigator 5. Because i already had the pda, it made it a cheaper option. also, with this one little gizmo, i have my diary, addresses, write reports on the move and of course have GPS. I think the maps etc are very similar to the one and they work well. Only a couple of times have i been sent off course and i think that this might have been an error on my part.

dukeboxhero 20:31 02 Oct 2006

iv had the tom tom one now a couple of months use it everyday in my job and have no complaints

Confab 21:19 02 Oct 2006

I've got the Go 510 the one just above the One. I went for this model because it has a slightly bigger display. I find it probably one of the best purchases I've made!

Dizzy Bob 21:34 02 Oct 2006

Tom Tom one has uk maps only, although you can purchase additional maps at a later date. You can link it to a mobile phone to download glive traffic updates, although it is a subscription service (monthly charge)

The TT 510 has all of the above plus, Major european routes preinstalled, the ability to link the unit to a bluetooth mobile phone, and use the TT as a hands free kit. The speaker on the TT is used to listen to the call, and it has an integrated microphone.

The TT710 has all the above, plus full street level european maps.

The TT 910 has all of the above plus N. American and Canadian maps. Text to speech recognition (if you get a text on your phone the TT reads the message to you) A 20GB hard drive that can be used to hold/play MP3's.

In my opinion the TT software is a doddle to use with a very intuitive icon based system. The TT's have a huge user base meaning that loads of additional content like points of interest are readily available on line.

I have been using TT for about 18 months, and i would, quite literally, be lost without it.

Hope this helps.
DB

Dizzy Bob 21:37 02 Oct 2006

Sorry, should also have mentioned that the 510, 710 and 910 all have a larger widescreen display.

Also be aware that the TT 1 is in the middle of a chassis change. The older model has a black surround. The new model is slimmer, and has a silver surround.

ps Good offer on the PCW website for the TT510 at £292. use the collect at store option to get the web price in store, saving is £58

regs

DB

anchor 13:44 03 Oct 2006

Two NEW versions of the TomTom One have recently been released; one for the UK, the other with UK & full European mapping, (which is due out shortly). Reviews are very favourable.

click here

click here

polish 16:49 03 Oct 2006

definitely will go tomtom must decide now one or 510
thanks for help and advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?