which pc to buy?

bjew 14:34 24 Sep 2003

I have around £1000 to spend on a new desktop ...any advice on which manufacturer? I've narrowed it to either Mesh, Evesham, Multivision, Systemax or Dell. All seem to give similar spec for the money, so would appreciate any recommendations.

db0967 16:57 24 Sep 2003

I've been looking around for something at that price too. The best value I have seen so far is the Microland Addons 306 Plus for £999 plus vat. It looks like you get a lot for your money, but I don't know what the support is like.
I'm wondering if it's worth waiting for the next round of price cuts as I read intel will announce cuts at the end of October. Don't know how true that is though.

mole44 17:06 24 Sep 2003

i`ve just spent £1100 at eversham there a good machine less monitor and they give a brilliant guarantee.my old one was from them 6 years old and as good as new

johnnyrocker 17:15 24 Sep 2003

forget mesh definately (check todays activities re mesh in these forums) if you have 1000 to spend you could do a lot worse than check these out as they will build to your wishes and you will get a superb piece of kit click here

cheers.

johnny.

bjew 12:54 25 Sep 2003

thanks for the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone