Which MP3 player to buy?

Gymy 13:55 10 Dec 2006

I have finally decided to treat myself to an MP3 player but there are so many on the market I do not know what to go for. I think I want a hard drive of at least 30GB so I can transfer all my CD collection. And I think I may like to look at viewing podcasts etc. An Apple iPoD seems the obvious choice - but would I just be paying for the name. Any recommendations/advice gratefully received.

Curio 16:00 10 Dec 2006

I have a Creative Zen Touch 40Gb Mp3. Now just 12 months old, not dropped a stitch yet. 7500 Tracks on it still got 14 Gb space to fill. Can recommend it, but unsure is still made. Cost £160 from Amazon at the time. Sounds good with Sennheizer 20 Headset.

sean-278262 17:23 10 Dec 2006

Anything from creative or iaudio. click here is where I get my kit from.

iPods to me show hip and trendyness (thus why I go it alone and use something else). Other players you dont pay for the brand you pay for the features. Comparable priced players seem to have loads more features. Dont let video playback of the ipod sway you as most other players have this too.

iRiver have some nice players but not sure of the current range as I have long since left the MP3 circles.

Podcasts are mp3 files so just like any other music you may put on a decice work on just about everything. Take a look at the link and look at features you like and list them, we would be more able to list players that fulfill the list.

A

wjrt 19:26 10 Dec 2006

click here
about the cheapest but do a search here for views on pixmania before not using them even if they are cheaper

Totally-braindead 21:54 10 Dec 2006

Pixmania are ok if you don't have to return the item but the company is based in France I believe and not the UK and therefore I wouldn't buy from them. Better to stick to a known UK retailer.

sean-278262 21:56 10 Dec 2006

click here

if you are looking at the vision however dont discount the pay for element of buying in store. You can just take it back and demand a replacement there and then or a refund if they cannot replace it. Online you will have to mess about with RMA and returning it and then waiting for a new one to be dispatched.

A

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?