Which Mp3 player???

freddy-firecracker 15:51 11 Nov 2004

Hi,

i am looking to buy an mp3 player for xmas but only aim to spend up to £100 in the process.

It needs to be as simple to use as possible as i will not be the person who uses it.

Any ideas????

cheers

FF

TomJerry 16:59 11 Nov 2004
  TomJerry 17:02 11 Nov 2004

just pick one suit your style.

if it is a teen your are buying for, get IPOD mini which you can buy from states for £130

sean-278262 17:45 11 Nov 2004

I wouldnt buy from mp3player.co.uk I ordered an iHP 140 in the summer to go away with a week later it hadn't arrived. I phoned up and asked what was happening they told me that they would email the tracking number to me I ran it through the post offices website and it had told me it was attempted to be delivered on a saturday, this annoyed me as I was in all day,that and the fact that there is no postal service in Ireland on a Saturday.

I called back and told them this at which point the decided to take the stance that it was not their problem and I had to take it up with the postal service. Considering that the retailer under consumer law has the responsibility to get the item form them to you I demanded a refund and due to them waiting till the exchange rate was favourable they shortchanged me by €30

So all in all advancedmp3players are the better company you may pay a small bit more for the device but this is returned with their service, there is a forum and you can email and they get back quickly and are helpful in sorting your problems.

Suggestions

Well for £100 you are limited to the old flash based players not a bad thing as you can get a nex ia+ for £59 with no memory, but click here tends to do the best CF card prices at the minute.

If you are willing to pay a bit more you can get Aiwa HZ-DS2000 or the HZ-WS2000 both for 145 plus free postage.

The HZ-DS has a flash buffer so is designed for sports usage but no remote vital for some people.

The HZ-WS has sleak lines and is the smallest hard disk mp3 player, finished is silver it is also classy, no screen on the player but a remote is included. The Player has gotten nothing but gleeming reviews everywhere I have looked.

click here Do both Aiwa players but the WS is on offer at £109, sadly for me only delivery to UK addresses argh.

Good Luck in your purchase and please post back a review on the player you eventually decide upon.

Midnite 18:23 11 Nov 2004

what disk size player you looking for 128MB, 500MB or 1GB?

TomJerry 19:21 11 Nov 2004

Best choice for the money:

£94.99 BenQ Joybee 120 256MB MP3 Player and Radio - USB1.1 Flash Drive - three different colours click here

Aiwa AZES256 Personal Mp3 Player £104.87 click here

Panasonic SV-MP20 128 MB Mp3 Player £104.89 click here

TomJerry 22:22 11 Nov 2004

INOVIX MP3 IMP-33B 1024Mb £115 player click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone